Back in 2015, I was looking for a bag that could help me travel on a plane with just a carry on and a personal bag. Like my wife, we didn’t want to lug around extra baggage when we went on an Alaskan cruise and I looked high and low for a bag that would help me do the trick as we have been on 2 cruises before this and taken way too much luggage. I mean way too much. So we wanted to do something different.
For some strange reason I was bound and determined to get a bag that would hold my laptop since I used it so much (not really) it was a 17″ computer. It was a big computer and a heavy one. I have gotten wiser since then. So I found this G Solo bag. I thought it would do the trick. Let’s find out.
So the bag is about 14″ tall and 10″ front to back and 13 1/2″ side to side. It has 5 pockets. Here is the breakdown.
- Front one (Small zipper one)
- Good for your travel documents
- Put your stuff from your pockets when going thru security
- Passports and other miscellaneous stuff
- Second Front (Bigger zipper one)
- It looks like a place for business cards, calculator, not kidding, pens and your phone
- I just put my miscellaneous tech stuff in there
- First middle zipper pocket
- This is for papers like business papers it has a divider in it. Like an accordion style.
- Second middle or towards the back zipper pocket
- It is for an iPad or a kindle small note pad and a laptop. Yes I fit my 17″ in there.
- Back zipper pocket
- Is for your clothes
- You can pull it behind you as it does have a retractable handle
Day trip or so
I am assuming that this bag is intended for that business person who is only flying out for a couple of days and just needs the essentials. For me, I wouldn’t pack my clothes in the same bag as I take to the office. That is just odd.
Oh no here comes my opinion on the matter. The bag has potential, but just not for what I had envisioned I needed it for. I missed my backpack on that Alaska trip and I had to go and buy me a cheap one. It didn’t have a strap on the back so it wouldn’t easily hook on to my luggage. I had to drag both of them around. I guess that is better than dragging a bigger one around as well. I am not sure I will use it again. I will have to wait and see what I can use it for.