This was the 30th dedicated temple in operation when it was opened.
6363 Willow Lane, Dallas, Texas 75230
- April 1, 1981
- Groundbreaking and site dedication
- January 22, 1983, by Gordon B. Hinckley
- Pubic Open house
- September 7-26, 1984
- October 19-24, 1984, by Gordon B. Hinckley
- March 5, 1989, by Gordon B. Hinckley
Here are some facts
- Was the first built in Texas
- Is a sister temple to the Boise Idaho and the Chicago, Illinois Temple
- Closed in 1987 for remodeling that added 22,749 Square Feet.
- The Renovation of the Dallas Temple grounds was completed in June 2006.
The announcement of the temple had a much different effect among local Bible Belt religious leaders who held a negative view of the Church. The news sparked alarm and profound opposition. As the temple progressed, however, opened its doors to the public, and then took its place in the community, many leaders took the opportunity to re-evaluate their feelings toward the Church. Because of the temple, negative feelings were softened and misconceptions corrected.
The above information was taken from
Here are some pictures
Here is a video I found on YouTube