Sunday, Sept. 18, 2022, we were supposed to go to Rhode Island. That was the plan.
I was still asleep at 7:30 AM when the captain came over to the cabin and made an announcement. That the weather in the port bay was too bad, so they decided to cancel the port.
First time in all my cruising, all 8 of them, have canceled a port. If we were going to be docked at the pier it would have been a no problem docking and we would have been able to go ashore.
But this is a Tender port and the wind gusts were too strong for the little boats to take the people from the ship to the shore. So it was a sea day.
What did I do
- Well, we ate breakfast, of course, we did.
- Sat on the balcony and worked o my blog
- Took a nap
- Ate some lunch
- Did a facetime call with my son. He had asked us a bunch of questions about him growing up.
- Walked around the ship with my father-in-law.
- Ate dinner
- I saw Carlo Oscar, a comedian
That was about it. I know a fun and exciting day for a surprise sea day.
What I should have done
- Worked more on my blog
- Filmed stuff.
- But, I didn’t. Life is life